About the EC
The mandate of the Education Commons is to:
- Design, develop, and evaluate innovative ways of using technology and human resources to integrate knowledge access, generation, and publication.
- Provide state-of-the-art technology and services for use in research, teaching, learning and community outreach in education.
- Ensure efficient access to information resources and services.
The mandate will be realized as follows:
- The Education Commons will provide, in collaboration with major research and development initiatives where appropriate, the iterative design, implementation and evaluation of technological environments and information space in which the academic and research programs of OISE are carried out.
- The Education Commons will provide students, faculty and staff with a transparent interface to OISE's activities in: knowledge access; knowledge generation publication; technology-mediated instruction and distance education; staff, student, and program development; information literacy and education; technology support and services; research and technology for education.
- The Education Commons will provide and manage facilities and activities for technology in research/instruction in education, including technology-mediated education, and contribute to the improvement of teaching at the university.
- Through collaborative partnerships the Education Commons will act as a gateway to, and avoid duplication of education specific supplements to services of the UofT library, Information Commons, UofT Information + Technology Services (CIO's office) and other central service providers.