Self-Help and Technical Support
Solve troublesome technical issues yourself
If you are looking for assistance with technology and like to solve problems yourself then this is the place for you!
Click on a service listed on the left menu for more information.
I am having difficulty with technology
The Education Commons is here to help with that too. Take a look at the Self-Help menu on the left-hand side. We offer assistance with technology in the following areas:
- I need some software skills training. Interactive Training CDs, DVDs and Videos are available at the OISE Library Reference Desk.
- I can't connect from home. Troubelshooting techniques with your online connections.
- I would like some help with my personal computer.
- I need a plugin because I can't view a file. A resource of links to usefuld downloads like anti-virus or FirstClass programs.
- I need to understand how to change my browser settings. Some general technical help for those taking online courses or accessing course information online.
I have questions about tools used for Online Teaching and Learning
If you have some questions about Blackboard, WebKF or any of the online teaching environments that OISE is using, please consult our:
What about services provided by the University of Toronto?
In addition to OISE-supported services, the University of Toronto provides support to a number of central services. Please consult our summary of UTOR Services.