The Council of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) is the highest governing body regarding academic matters at OISE that oversees governance activities of the Faculty.
OISE Council and its Standing Committees make decisions about academic policies and priorities for teaching, learning and research at OISE. Council's specific responsibilities include approving new degree programs and modifications to existing programs including changes to program requirements (e.g. changes to courses, program length, admission requirements, etc.).
Duties of OISE’s Council could be summarized as follows:
- establish policies regarding academic matters
- establish committees for the conduct of council business
- advise the Dean on academic matters
- approve and regulate standards of admissions
- approve new or changes to the existing academic programs & units
OISE Council Membership 2017-2018
Note: the list of OISE Council elected and ex-officio members for 2017-2018 will be publicized in the Fall of 2017, following the conclusion of the nominations and elections process.
OISE Council Meetings 2017-2018
OISE Council meeting dates for 2017-2018 (mark your calendars!):
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018
All Council meetings take place from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in room 12-199 at OISE, 252 Bloor Street West.
Note: OISE Council & Standing Committees Governance Cycle Dates for 2017-2018 will be finalized by July 1, 2017.
- Biljana Cuckovic, Secretary, OISE Council, Executive Committee & Appeals Committee
- TBC, Secretary, Equity Committee
- TBC, Secretary, Research Committee
- Doug Ullrich, Secretary, Academic Programs Committee
Geneal questions about OISE Council or other governance matters (e.g. nominations & elections): Call 416-978-1124, or e-mail email@example.com