The Council of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) is the highest governing body regarding academic matters at OISE that oversees governance activities of the Faculty.
OISE Council and its Standing Committees make decisions about academic policies and priorities for teaching, learning and research at OISE. Council's specific responsibilities include approving new degree programs and modifications to existing programs including changes to program requirements (e.g. changes to courses, program length, admission requirements, etc.).
Duties of OISE’s Council could be summarized as follows:
- establish policies regarding academic matters
- establish committees for the conduct of council business
- advise the Dean on academic matters
- approve and regulate standards of admissions
- approve new or changes to the existing academic programs & units
OISE Council Membership 2016-2017
OISE Council Meetings 2016-2017
OISE Council meeting dates for 2016-2017 (mark your calendars!):
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017
All Council meetings take place from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in room 12-199 at OISE, 252 Bloor Street West.
- Biljana Cuckovic, Secretary, OISE Council, Executive Committee & Appeals Committee
- Rebecca Ko, Secretary, Equity Committee
- Loredana Polidoro, Secretary, Research Committee
- Doug Ullrich, Secretary, Academic Programs Committee
Geneal questions about OISE Council or other governance matters (e.g. nominations & elections): Call 416-978-1124, or e-mail email@example.com