Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Are supervised and mentored by an OISE faculty member
- Provided with opportunities to lecture, facilitate class discussions, organize and facilitate group work, gain experience in understanding student evaluation, supervise students in the field, and participate in student and faculty professional development events
- Able to enhance their CVs by demonstrating that they have teaching experience in undergraduate education
- Better prepare for the challenges of university teaching
- Able to develop life-long career networks with academics and teacher educators already working in the academy and the field
TA Job Postings are posted on the Graduate Job Postings webpage.
*Some things to remember about the application process.
- Applicants must be planning to register as full-time students at OISE/Univiersity of Toronto in 2017 - 2018
- Applicants must have a completed Master's degree
- You will be required to submit a one-page short c.v. or resumé and a one-page statement. The statement should outline what you can bring to the position and how the position would enhance your studies. Names of referees may also be included but are not required.
- Students are required to have a university-issued email account and to provide that email address on ROSI. If you have not done so, please activate your university-issued account and add the address to your personal information on ROSI. Students are required to monitor and retrieve their email on a frequent basis. For more information, refer to the Policy on Official Correspondence with Students.
- The Department Standards and Policies are available in the Dean's Office and in the CUPE Local 3902 office.
Further details can be found in the CUPE 3902 Collective Agreement.