Decrease font size Reset font size Increase font size

Frequently Asked Questions about Submitting Your OISE Payroll Information

1. What is the link to provide my information?

Go to

Please do not submit your documents until your package is complete. Multiple submissions may delay processing your documents.  
2. What are the links to this year’s forms?  
3. I have previously been on the OISE or UoT payroll. Do I still need to complete this form? 
Yes, we still need you to complete the form but there are fewer steps.  
4. Do I need to fill out both the Federal and Ontario tax forms if my permanent residence is not in Ontario?  
Yes, you are required to fill out both tax forms because your employment will take place in Ontario.  
5. I have more than one employer. Is there anything I need to know when completing the forms? 
If you have already provided your tax forms for another employment situation, you will not be able to claim the basic personal amount. In this case, please enter “0” in line 10 of the Provincial Tax Form and line 13 of the Federal Tax Form and Select the box “more than one employer” on the second page of both the Federal and Provincial forms. For more advice or information, please contact your personal tax advisor. We are not able to provide personal tax advice.   
6. I want to indicate on my forms that no tax should be taken. We always recommend you consult with a tax advisor and/or the CRA if choosing this option.  We are not able to provide personal tax advice. 
If this is because you anticipate your total income to be below the total basic personal amount, complete page 1 as applicable and select “The total income less than the total claim amount” box on page two of the Provincial and Federal Tax Forms.  
7. I have lost or cannot find my SIN card or SIN document.   
Your payroll documents cannot be processed until you obtain this. See Social Insurance Number – Apply - to apply for a new document.  
8. What is my personnel number?  
This number is generated after your documentation has been submitted and you have been set up in the payroll system. You are responsible to record and safely retain this number as it is needed to log into some system. If you do not yet have a personnel number, leave this section blank when you complete your payroll forms for the first time.  
9. How can I provide a void cheque?   
If you have cheques, you can write VOID across a cheque (do not overwrite the numbers at the bottom) and upload it as a PDF. If you do not have any cheques, your bank may provide a way to generate this from your online banking. The third option is to ask your bank for a form which you can use to provide us with this information.  Please be sure to also provide the OISE Payroll Bank Authorization Form for Direct Deposit .
10. I am new to the payroll. How is my SIN verified?  
In accordance with Government of Canada requirements, the University HR process requires that we verify your SIN number. Please attend our drop-in Zoom hours or make an appointment. Contact the Graduate Funding Office
11. What happens if I cannot submit my documents by the deadline?  
This will result in a delay in payment. Payroll is processed once a month; any missed pay will be processed during the next payroll cycle.  
12. I am an international student and I need help getting set up in Canada including obtaining my study permit and my SIN.  
The International Student Centre has experts who understand how to navigate necessary paperwork. In addition to the resources on their website, they also offer drop in hours and appointments.  
13. How do I contact the payroll office at OISE?  
The email address for OISE payroll is  
Additional Links: