Blackboard Starter Kit for OISE Faculty
5. Add your files
Adding your own files (content)
This information is also available in printable format via PDF download:
Content Areas in Blackboard are the folders where you can save your files and other resources that you wish to share with your class. Remember to have at least one Content Area in your Course Menu as a location to save your files.
Adding files to your Blackboard course can be done in 5 easy clicks:
1. In your course, click on "Course Materials" in the left menu area.
2. Hover your mouse over the "Build Content" blue button, and select "Item".
3. Enter a heading/title in the "Name" field.
4. In the "Attachments" section, click the "Browse My Computer" button. This will allow you to select the file from your computer.
5. Click the blue "Submit" button
Adding additional information, for example: how to add your course outline:
You may want to display the information in your course outline on the page, as well as providing the file for your students to download and print from. The method for this is to:
1. Create a new "Content Area" in your "Course Menu" called "Course Outline".
2. Click on your Course Outline content area, hover your mouse on the "Build Content" button and select "Item".
3. On the Create Item page, enter "Course Outline" in the Name Field. The next part will require you to open your course outline document from your computer. Once open, select all of the text and copy (ctrl-c). Go back to the Blackboard page, and click into the "Text" box area and paste (ctrl-v). Check the Textbox for formatting.
In the Attachments section, click on the "Browse My Computer" button and select your course outline file from your computer. Verify the document and file name are correct.
Click the Submit button to save.