Blackboard Starter Kit for OISE Faculty
6. View your Class List
Viewing and printing your Class List
This information is also available in printable format via PDF download:
There are a few different ways to access your class list in Blackboard.
The easiest way to view your class list is through the control panel in your course
1. Enter your course and scroll down to the Control Panel
2. Click the little double arrows next to the word "Grade Center" (as shown below)
2a. Alternatively, you can click on the word "Grade Center" and then "Full Grade Center"
You can now view your students on screen. You may need to use the scroll bars to view the entire class.
If you would like to download a file of your class list, select "Work Offline" from the right-hand side of the Grade Center screen and then select "Download". Follow the prompts to select your options.
Viewing additional information about your student list
You may want to lookup other information about your students like their email address. You can view this in Blackboard through the UT Manage Groups function in your course's Control Panel.
1. Enter your course and click on "Course Tools" in the Control Panel.
2. Select "UT Manage Groups".
3. Click on the link "View/Download Selected Roster" (near the bottom right corner of the page)
4. You will be presented with some options like name, email address, student number, etc. Check of the information you wish to see.
5. There are two buttons at the bottom of the page:
5a. Clicking on the "Preview" button will display the information on your screen
5b. Clicking on the "Download" button will create an CSV file for you to save on your computer and open in a spreadsheet program like Excel.
The visual below displays the process: