Blackboard for Organizations
What is this?
Blackboard is a place for OISE groups to connect online. It allows you to create a community 'website' for your group members or organization, making it easy for group members to connect, collaborate and chat online. Some features:
- Document sharing (notes, agendas etc.)
- Planning and administration (announcements, calendar)
- Communication (mailing lists, discussion boards, real-time chat and virtual classroom)
- Groups (communications and document sharing between members)
- On-line Surveys
- Links to other on-line resources
Examples of a Blackboard community group could be:
- Staff members of a department
- Students from an academic segment
- Students groups of a social nature
- Faculty, students and staff forming a committee
How can I access Blackboard Groups and Organizations?
Located under the Community tab in the Blackboard Portal.
Who do we support?
- OISE faculty, staff and students
- Non-UofT users: access possible through guest UTORid usernames
How do I request this service?
To set up an organization:
To access a Blackboard organization:
Log in to the Portal with your UTORid and password.
What is the cost for this service?
There is no cost.
How do I get support with this service?
- Blackboard Self-Help
Blackboard Communities Help - consult the Portal Information Website.
- Consultations: please contact the Client Care Portal at email@example.com
View a sample Organization: "A Little Bird Told Me ..."
- Login to the Portal with your UTORid and password.
- Click on the Community tab.
- Type A Little Bird in the Organization Search box to your left and click Go! Search results will return the "A Little Bird Told Me..." Organization.
- Click the Enroll button to your right.
- Secret access code is letmein
- You should see a Receipt: Success - click OK and you will be enrolled