Everything you need to know about the UofT Blackboard Portal
Top 10 Portal Essentials - UofT Blackboard Course Essentials
OISE Online/Distance Education - Blackboard Starter Kit
NEW: Online Webinar in your course - Blackboard Collobarate
You just need to login - where is the site?
Login at: http://portal.utoronto.ca (UTORid and password required)
How is a course shell created for Blackboard?
The simple answer: automatically...
- All courses registered in ROSI will automatically generate a course shell in Blackboard.
- All instructors listed in ROSI will be given control panel access to the course.
- All students officially registered in the course through ROSI will automatically be enrolled in Blackboard courses.
- Nothing is required on the part of the faculty member to create your course in Blackboard. Refer to the Getting Started Checklist for Instructors if your course is not showing up.
Assistance for OISE Faculty on this website
Are you new to Blackboard? Would you like some how-to instructions for common tasks? The Education Commons has compiled the following resources to assist OISE Faculty in the development of their course by utilizing features available in the Blackboard system:
- Our Blackboard Starter Kit has been developed by the Education Commons to assist OISE faculty who are new to Blackboard. The Bb Starter Kit is a list of 10 easy to follow steps to help get you 'up and running' on the Blackboard system:
1. Check your UTORid
2. Check your Course
3. Blackboard Terminology
4. Edit your Course Menu
5. Add your Files to the Course
6. View your Class List
7. Make your Course Available
8. Communicate with your Students
9. Allow your Students to Contribute Content
10. Get Further Assistance with Blackboard
If you are using an external website for teaching purposes (for example: C2C, Adobe Connect, Wiki, etc.), you can Integrate that content through your Blackboard course site.
The Blackboard Timeline illustrates important dates to be aware of regarding your course.
Check out our Bb Tips & FAQ page for answers to questions like how to add additional users to a course, how to remove old courses, how to receive files from students, and more.
Learn how to configure your Blackboard course by following some short instructional Bb How-to Video clips.
The Blackboard Self-Help section contains links to common how-to areas of Blackboard, as well as information on advanced features.
Attend one of our EC Blackboard Workshops.
- Contact the OISE EC Client Care Portal with any other questions you may have, or to request a personal consultation.
What can I do with the Learning System?
- Provide your students with an integrated learning environment with places for the syllabus, assignments, readings, quizzes, grades.
- Communicate with individual students, study groups, class sections via email or the Announcement utility.
- Use electronic teaching tools in the Virtual Classroom, whiteboard, chat, discussion groups.