C2C: Connect to Create
C2C Starter Kit for OISE Faculty
C2C Quick Start Guide for OISE Faculty – April 2012
The new Connect 2 Create (C2C) is now online and available to all faculty at OISE. Here is a brief start-up guide to get you up and running in the new system.
Help Files (Updated January 2012)
1. Participant/Student Initial Login and FIPPA Acceptance
2. Getting Started - 10 Key Features
3. C2C Overview Diagrams
NEW: Score As You Go Assessment Feature. (Documentation to come, Email portal for directions)
Getting Started Short Version:
- Access myOISE to view your courses in C2C
- In C2C, click on “View” and “Show Forum Tools”
- Add new forums
- Edit forums (click on the round cog icon beside the forum name)
- Add new note (once in a forum, click on “New Note” button)
- Attach a file to your note (When composing a new note, click “My Files”, “Upload”, select your file(s), click into the note field and compose your message, click and drag the file name into your note, click save)
Getting Started Long Version:
1. Access myOISE
From the main Education Commons home page, there is a link to myOISE near the bottom right side. Once selected you may need to login with your UTORid. Select C2C Collaborative Tool from the menu. This is the direct link:
You will see at the bottom of the page a list of your courses. They will have the course code, and also the semester date month at the end. 2011-09 is for September 2011, and it probably the course you are looking for. Click on the little box beside your course to open in a new window.
The first time you enter your course you will be present with a FIPPA questionnaire. Your choice will determine if your students will use their real names in the course, of if they can choose to enter any name to be represented as in the course.
2. In C2C, click on “View” and “Show Forum Tools”
Once you enter your course in C2C, you will want to create Forums. These are similar to Conferences or sub-conferences in FirstClass, or Forums in Blackboard. Do create new Forums, click on the little triangle button where is says “View” and then choose “Show Forum Tools”:
3. Add new forums as prompted:
4. Edit forums (click on the round cog icon beside the forum name)
5. Add new note (once in a forum, click on “New Note” button)
Click the save button to post your note to the forum (conference) you are working in.
Remember to click the save button.
6. Attach (integrate) a file to your note (in FireFox)
When composing a new note, click:
- “My Files”
- select your file(s),
- click into the note field and compose your message
- click and drag the file name into your note