C2C: Connect to Create
Our new online collaborate tool for teaching and learning
NEW: Score As You Go Assessment Feature. (Documentation to come, Email portal for directions)
C2C's #1 help tip: Use an updated version of the Firefox web browser to access C2C.
You can download the latest version here:
C2C Starter Kit for OISE Faculty is now available:
C2C Quick Start Guide for OISE Faculty – September 2011
If you have used WebKF or First Class for your courses and you need peer-to-peer online collaboration, you'll want to check out C2C. If you have been using WebKF, you may continue to do so until this new tool has been fully deployed.
If the online component of your course is about posting resources, stick with Blackboard! But, get the flex you need if your course methodology promotes asynchronous learning through online discussion or if your course is at a distance.
All OISE faculty, staff and students are eligable to try our C2C Sandbox:
Want to try it out NOW? Login with UTORid into our C2C OISE Sandbox
C2C Help Documents (Sept 2010)
Want to use C2C for your course? Contact CCP
What will C2C Replace?
- First Class (OISENet) Conference Discussions within Courses
This tool is practice and researched informed and is currently being developed by EC's Solutions Development Group (SDG) for use in conjunction with Blackboard.
Soon (but not quite yet) the tool can be used within the OISEcms for research, professional and administrative knowledge communities.
Why use C2C?
It is especially designed for instruction methodology using asynchonous online collaborations amoung students. Distance Education instructors will benefit greatly.
There is no need to use C2C if you primarily use your online course environments as a file sharing repository.
- Easily create, move, hide/show, and lock forums and sub forums (conferences)
- Create course notes, draft notes, replies and even private replies
- Create muti-authored notes
- Easily link and reference cross-conference notes
- New split-screen viewing capabilities
- Search the notes you need while you are editing a note
- Create private folders to make collections of significant notes, make notes to self
- Upload files, images and format your notes easily
- Instructor Reports for class and student interaction
Who can Use C2C?
Everyone: Graduate Courses, ITE Courses, AQ Courses, Partially Online or Distance Courses
How will it Work?
- There will be an automatic account requesting area. Currently, you may request a space via the client care portal.
- Link the C2C environment (URL) into your Blackboard course shell menu. We recommend you create a regular link and one that pops up into a new window for user flexibility.
- After you learn the system, login via UTORid and use. There is no account management. If students are enrolled in your course, they will be able to access C2C just like they can access Blackboard. Once they have logged into Blackboard, they will click on the C2C course menu link.