Jump to Main Content
Decrease font size Reset font size Increase font size
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto Home| OISE| U of T| Portal| Site Map | Contact Us | Feeling Distressed?
INSPIRING EDUCATION | oise.utoronto.ca
Registrar's Office
Go to selected destination


2017 Summer Session Registration and Fee information



Summer Course enrollment Deadlines:

May 8 for courses beginning in May
July 11 for courses beginning in July


All students are required to be registered in the Summer Session if they are taking courses.  However, not all students are required to pay fees in order to register. 

SUMMER FEES ARE NOT REQUIRED for students continuing in the same degree and who were registered in the 2016 Fall or 2017 Winter Session either full-time for one session or part-time for both sessions.  If you are not required to pay fees and are taking courses, you will automatically be registered by our office.  


SUMMER FEES ARE REQUIRED for students continuing in the same degree who were not registered in the 2016 Fall or 2017 Winter Session either full-time for one session or part-time for both sessions.

Registration instructions are below for students who are required to pay fees.    

1. How do I register?
Invoices are NOT mailed to students. You are required to read the information on the Office of Student Accounts’ website (www.fees.utoronto.ca) and view your account on the Student Web Service (ROSI).

Fees may be paid on-line, by telephone, at a bank machine, or at a teller. If you are paying at a bank machine or teller, you will need to print a copy of your account in invoice format to take to the bank.

If you are registering for the Summer Session but your account does not show Summer Session tuition fees, contact your Registration Specialist.

Students are expected to monitor their fee account on the Student Web Service (ROSI) and make payments as necessary. Additional information about tuition fees, including information on making payment from outside of Canada is available at www.fees.utoronto.ca.

Fees must be paid by the registration deadline. Requests to change full time/part-time status should be submitted in writing to the OISE Registrar’s Office, Graduate Studies Unit by the above registration deadline.  Changes to full time/part-time status cannot be made retroactively. Restrictions may apply.

Every effort is made to ensure that your ROSI account is correct. However, if any discrepancies occur, you will be notified and your account will be adjusted accordingly.

Payment of fees constitutes registration and an agreement to abide by the rules and regulations of the University of Toronto, School of Graduate Studies, and the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto.

If you are not required to register and do not intend to do so, please advise your Registration Specialist

2. What happens if I do not register by the deadline?
If you do not register by the deadline (May 8 for courses beginning in May; July 10 if only taking courses beginning in July), the courses in which you have enrolled will be removed from your record and your invitation to register will be cancelled. Course credit will not be given if you do not register. 

In extenuating circumstances, a request may be considered for late registration.  If approved, a late fee will be charged in the amount of $44 

3. How do I arrange a tuition fee payment deferral?
Tuition fee deferrals, based on OSAP, are completed online.  Please see Online Tuition Fee Deferral.  When you receive your OSAP funds, you should promptly arrange to pay at least the minimum first payment of your fees.    

If your fees are going to be paid by a non-University of Toronto source, attach third party authorization and return a copy of your Fee Invoice to the Student Accounts Office, University of Toronto, 215 Huron Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 1A2.

4. How do I access my OSAP funds? and how do I maintain previous loans in interest free status:

Click the Financial Aid tab on the ORSS main page for all the details.

5. If I withdraw from the session, will I get a refund?
The date that our office receives written notification of withdrawal from the session, or the date you withdrew via the studnet web service is the date used in determining a fee refund, if any. The Refund Schedule can be found at www.fees.utoronto.ca. A minimum charge of ~ $256.00 in respect of academic fees will be assessed to any student who withdraws on or after the published date for the first day of classes for the Summer Session.  

6. What am I able to do on the Student Web Service (ACORN)?
• add and drop courses
• change your PIN
• update personal information (telephone number, address, email address, etc.)
• check fees account balance and details
• request a transcript
• view grades

7. Whom do I notify if my immigration status changes?
Notify theORSS of any changes as soon as they are in effect, and bring original docuemnts for us to photocopy. Such changes may have fee implications.

8. Am I required to have a university-issued email account?
Yes, all students are required to have a university-issued email account. As the university will be communicating with you through email, it is essential that you have a UTORid account and that you regularly check that account.  You must also ensure the email address is added to your ROSI record. Your UTORid account may be set up at www.utorid.utoronto.ca.

9. Where can I find out about information and technology resources?
The Education Commons provides services associated with libraries, distance learning, computing and media centres to meet the information and technology needs of the OISE community. More information on how the Education Commons can support your work at OISE may be obtained from www.oise.utoronto.ca/ec.

10. I have to write a thesis as part of my program requirements. Is there any information to help me prepare?
Be sure to refer to the OISE Guidelines for Theses and Orals (under review).  Also, be sure to read the Ethical Review information at www.research.utoronto.ca/for-researchers-administrators/ethics/

11. How do I advise the Registrar's Office of my intent to graduate?  What are the deadlines?  
Master’s students who are completing the final requirements in their program of study in the Summer Session must submit a completed Application to Graduate to the OISE Registrar’s Office, Graduate Studies Unit by July 15 

Master’s students (non-thesis option): to be eligible to graduate in November, the OISE Registrar’s Office, Graduate Studies Unit must receive by September 15 all grades and, if applicable, notification of the satisfactory completion of the major research paper or comprehensive examination or the recommendation from your Department indicating that you have completed all degree requirements, as well as all applicable forms.  Also, by that date, your thesis must be uploaded electronically (see http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca/currentstudents/Pages/Producing-Your-Thesis.aspx for information about electronic submission)

For Master's students completing in the Fall or Winter, the Application to Graduate must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by the following dates:

October 15 - if completing in the Fall Session (March or June graduation)
March 15 - if completing in the Winter Session (June graduation)

Further information about deadlines is available at Important Dates.   

Doctoral students are not required to apply to graduate. 

12. I am a Master’s student. Will I have to pay a Balance Degree Fee when I graduate?
There is a good chance. Master’s students are required to pay a minimum Degree Fee determined by the length of program to which you were admitted. The “Balance Degree Fee” is assessed at the end of a Master’s program, and if the total academic fees paid to date are less than the minimum Degree Fee, you are required to pay the difference. A Statement will be sent to you at the end of your program if you owe a Balance Degree Fee.  For more information, refer to Important Degree Fee Information at this website.

13. Whom do I contact if I have other questions?
Communication with your faculty advisor should be directed to the Department in which your program is located. Questions regarding registrarial matters should be directed to the Registration Specialist responsible for your particular Department/Degree.

Click for contact information.


OISEcms v.1.0 | Site last updated: Thursday, January 18, 2018 Disclaimer | Webmaster

© OISE University of Toronto
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, 252 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V6 CANADA