Tips for Booking Building Access
To use the Building-acesss Booking Form effectively, you may want to consider a few things before you start.
- The Building-acesss Booking Form is part of U of T’s Microsoft Office 365 system, so, if you are not already logged into Office 365 online, you may be redirected to a page where you will login by entering your U of T email, then your UTORId and password.
- The Building-acesss Booking Form will make a limited number of bookings available for each area of the building. These bookings will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- On the form, you will be asked to specify which floor, and which area of that floor, you will be working in; make note of the duration indicated on the selection you choose.
- You will also be asked to specify your time of arrival; as a consideration to others, please try to be as accurate about this as you can.
- You will be asked to give your name and email address. Please provide your utoronto email address, and double-check your spelling, because your booking confirmation will be e-mailed to the address you provide.
- When you submit the form, you may be informed that the location/time-slot you chose is unavailable. In this case, please try again, requesting a different time-slot.
- To ensure fairness for all, you will be limited to no more than two time-slot bookings, which you will be able to make for the current week only. If you need to access the building again during a later week, you can create more bookings for yourself when that week arrives.
- Be aware that you are likely to encounter other people when you enter the OISE building, because this system will allot several people the same area and time-slot. Be ready to follow all of the usual measures for preventing the spread of the virus: wearing a mask, social distancing, hand-washing and sanitizing, etc.
- If your booking request is successful, you will receive a confirmation by email, showing the location and period of your access. Be sure to have this confirmation with you (on your cell phone, or printed out) and be ready to show it to building security when you come to the OISE building for your appointed time-slot.
- In addition to booking in advance via our form, you (i.e., ALL OISE staff, faculty, and students) are required to complete a health-check screening *prior* to coming on-site, each day you will come on site. The easiest way to complete this health-check requirement is to use UCheck.
- Only by displaying the emailed booking confirmation, the health-check screening result, and your identification, will you be granted access to the building.
The University of Toronto and OISE continue to monitor the evolving situation regarding COVID-19. Under the current provincial state of emergency and stay-at-home order, we ask all staff and faculty to re-consider any decisions to come on-site. Working on-site should be reserved only for essential or emergency tasks that cannot otherwise be completed while working remotely. Any activities or tasks that may require you to be on-site should be postponed or rescheduled until after the stay-at-home order is lifted.
We appreciate your understanding of the need for these measures during the current global health crisis.