Student initiated projects are supported by the availability of various tools and workshops on how to use them.
- Students request access for REDCap use by completing the REDCap Account Request Form for Research Projects.
- Self-enroll with UTORMFA. The University of Toronto is enhancing the security and protection of your account with multi-factor authentication (MFA), a security enhancement that requires two sets of unique credentials accessing an account: your UTORid paired with a code sent to your mobile phone. Learn more about MFA, and enroll, at U of T’s utormfa page.
- Or, make an appointment with Education Commons to pick up an e-token (a device that allows secure connectivity).
Workshops and research design consultations are available to OISE researchers on the topics of
- developing design and methodology for graduate theses and research projects;
- developing and validation of surveys, questionnaires and measurement scales;
- conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- communicating results (including tables, charts, and graphs) for research reports and peer-reviewed publications.
Registration for these workshops is available online for a fee.
Consultations are available with OISE statistical consultant Olesya Falenchuk.
- REDCap information sheet (pdf) by OISE’s Olesysa Falenchuk
- REDCap tutorial (pdf) by OISE’s Olesysa Falenchuk
- REDCap Start-Up Guide.
- REDCap Training Resources.
- Quick Guide [by OISE’s Ruth Childs]