Read back issues of The Discovery, the newsletter of the Education Commons.
Issue 30, June 3, 2022
- Progress towards our Strategic Goals: Year 2.
- Registration is open for the August faculty orientation
- Our Wellness Challenge Winners!
Issue 29, May 20, 2022
- New faculty orientation now for all faculty
- The Discovery Newsletter is getting a makeover.
- Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro – a May wellness challenge
- The Zoom Events Platform – not just a Zoom event
Issue 27, April 22, 2022
All about the new OISE Drupal CMS and migration of OISE websites
- OISE Websites – Migration Plan
- OISE Websites Technical Standards
- Migration Principles
- Preparing your content
Issue 26, April 8, 2022
- The new OISE homepage launches on the new Drupal CMS
- Hybrid meetings with the meeting Owl
- Meet our new full-stack developer, Thomas Lynch
Issue 25, March 25, 2022
- A quick guide to Zoom security settings
- New faculty orientation program by Education Commons
- The anniversary of the Discovery Newsletter and feedback survey
Issue 24, March 11, 2022
- Getting ready for OISE Drupal CMS
- Improvements to our Online Service Hub
- A new technology tool to configure OISE computers
- Reflecting on Women in Technology for International Women’s Day
Issue 23, February 25, 2022
- Google Workspace for Education tools and access
- The new OISE SL/GA/TA hiring app has launched
- What is the Windows Activation Notice
- Family Day notes from Education Commons
Issue 22, February 11, 2022
How to make your Zoom meetings more secure
An introduction to Windows 11
- Exploring VR at OISE
Issue 21, January 28, 2022
Meet our new IT Service Management Coordinator, Daniel Marinos.
Take a look at our recent service statistics.
- Learn about the Lunar New Year with OISE CAO, Helen Huang.
Issue 20, January 14, 2022
Meet our new Associate Director, IT Service Management, Scott Inthathirath.
Get answers to your top service questions as the winter term begins.
Issue 19, December 17, 2021
Seasons Greetings from Education Commons
The EC team shares their winter and holiday traditions
The future of Snow Days – what happens now that online learning is normal.
Cyber Security in the news – time to update SPSS
Issue 18, December 3, 2021
Tips for using MS Teams.
What to consider when planning a hybrid meeting.
Education Commons virtual services this winter.
Issue 17, November 19, 2021
Find all the ways you can get support from Education Commons
See EC service by the numbers
Learn about the new OISE Google Workspace for Education
Issue 16, November 5, 2021
Celebrating Diwali 2021 with some of our team members
Our team celebrates Halloween with team spirit.
Our community comments on their experience working remotely.
Issue 15, October 22, 2021
Keeping you safe online Part 1: 5 tips for cyber security
Keeping you safe online Part 2: Application Security
Removing barriers: A conversation on digital Accessibility at OISE
- Congrats to our winners! (Open house recap)
Issue 14, October 8, 2021
The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Time to enroll in UTORMFA
Meet Bernie Spudic, our new Associate Director, Digital Products and System Architecture
- Giving thanks
Issue 13, September 24, 2021
New OISE Student Bursary App
New Online Service Hub
Education Commons top service requests
- EC team member Todd Vernon take on a new role as Data Architect
Issue 12, September 10, 2021
2021/2022 Orientation week. Read about
Student Resources at Education Commons
A complete list of virtual workshops and sessions
Our upcoming Virtual Open House (Oct 7, 2021)
- Information on the global supply chain’s impact on your computer order.
Issue 11, August 27, 2021
The first issue of the 2021/2022 academic year. Read about
Our new Solutions Architect, Victor Singh,
Our Drupal Team and our flagship Drupal website,
Cloud computing for green IT,
- Quercus virtual sessions this fall.
Issue 10, June 18, 2021
The final issue of the 2020/2021 academic year. Read about
Our progress towards achieving our strategic priorities,
Getting ready for the fall term,
Honouring Father’s Day.
Issue 9, June 4, 2021
Three more profiles of our team members. Read about
The Digital Expert Hub’s Neil Tinker,
Nick Siddiyao, also of the Digital Expert Hub, and
The voice of The Discovery, Paul Steacy.
Issue 8, May 20, 2021
A new mobile app in support of Eve Tuck’s work with the Land Relationships Super Collective, and profiles of
- Business Officer Elizabeth Leman
- Audio-visual and Business Solutions Architect Azeem Khan
- Intermediate Systems Administrator Vince To
Issue 7, May 7, 2021
The Digital Expert Hub Behind firstname.lastname@example.org; Procurement and Vendor Management Specialist Owhonda Ikeka; Digital Accessibility Specialist Lonny O’Brien; Honouring Mother’s Day with Thoughts and Pictures from Some of Our Staff.
Issue 6, April 23, 2021
Observing Earth Day 2021; Get to Know Education Commons’ Technology Adoption Consultants and How They Can Help You: Laize Bacay, Ryan Lahti, and Andrea Zdzylowski.
Issue 5, April 9, 2021
Drupal is Coming: A Preview of Our Next Web Platform; Meet Adrian Ababei, Our New Drupal Developer; Our First Drupal Application; Meet Korede Olubowale, Web Accessibility Specialist.
Issue 4, March 26, 2021
The Future of Remote Work after the Pandemic; Remote Work and Wellness; Meet Education Commons Application Developer Todd Vernon; How Instructors Can Contact Their Students During an Outage
Issue 3, March 12, 2021
Use Siteimprove to Make OISE’s Web Publications Accessible; Considering Women in Technology; Meet Our New Team Member, Gurpreet Sandhar; Happy Nowruz: A Look at Persian New Year’s Traditions.
Issue 2, February 26, 2021Your Used Computer Could Be Someone’s Lifeline; Meet Bahman Yaghoobi, Education Commons’ Full-stack Developer; Better Business With uSource; Education Commons Possesses Technology That Hears Everything You Are Thinking.
Issue 1, February 11, 2021
The Rise of the Virtual Gathering; How to Be Prepared for Technical Difficulties When Instructing Online; Your Mobile Device Is a Hand-held Scanner with Genius Scan; Introducing a New IT Partner, Lenovo