Leaders & Legends Awards
The 2024 nomination period will commence in April 2024. Recognize the many outstanding contributions of alumni and friends of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) around the globe with six exciting awards.
The awards celebrate the impact of OISE's alumni and friends who exemplify the Institute's mission for excellence in education.
There are six award categories:
Mentor of the Year
Nominees must be alumni or friends of the Institute. Individuals may be nominated in one award category only per year. Self-nominations are not eligible. Unsuccessful nominations may be resubmitted for consideration in future years. The Selection Committee is not eligible to submit any nominations. Current members of the Selection Committee cannot be nominated for an award. If a member is nominated, they must resign from the Committee to ensure a fair and impartial process.
Nominator: Nominations may be submitted by OISE alumni, faculty, staff, students, retirees, and friends.
Each nomination must be directed to one of the six award categories outlined in the Award Rubric section. Selection of recipients is based on a rigorous and equitable review process.
All award categories align with OISE’s mission and vision. Successful nominees will exemplify OISE’s values and commitment in those areas.
Note: You must refer to your specific award rubric.
- Nominations are currently closed. Complete the Online Nomination Form (when available), ensuring that applications do not exceed maximums where noted.
- You will be required to provide two (2) letters of support. One letter must come from an OISE community member (faculty, staff, student, alum, and/or retiree) that clearly highlight the nominee’s contributions and fulfillment of the awards criteria as per the rubrics. Each letter must not exceed 500 words. Nominators cannot submit a letter.
- Attach the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
Nominators must complete the application package as outlined and ensure the accuracy of the documents submitted. Nominees should be made aware of any applications in their name.
- Only completed packages will be accepted. Please submit early.
- Together with the OISE Dean's Office, the Leaders and Legends Awards Committee will ensure a transparent and equitable evaluation process. The community will celebrate our winners in person. Recipients receive an engraved crystal award.