Jump to Main Content
Decrease font size Reset font size Increase font size

Additional Qualifications Online Application System

You may use this system to:

  • Apply for Additional Qualifications courses
    (Note that a valid email address and credit card are required)
  • Check the registration status of your application
  • Update your current contact information

Graduate Funding Package | Scholarship Opportunities | Grad Student Jobs | Academic Activity Support | Financial Assistance | Administrative Details | Other Financial Resources


Payroll Documentation


Graduate Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships, and Sole Responsibility Positions are all paid monthly by direct bank deposit.  Payments will not be processed until you have registered in your full-time graduate program and have been set up on the HR payroll system.  In the case of late registration, payments will be made on the next possible pay date and will be retroactive to the start of your position.

If you have any changes to the information originally provided to HR (including your mailing address) please submit your new information by the start date of your position. 

All information should be dropped off in the mail box located opposite the elevators on the 12th floor, University of Toronto, 252 Bloor Street West,  M5S 1V6.  Questions about payroll should be directed to payroll.oise@utoronto.ca.

In order to be set up on the payroll system you must provide the Human Resources Dept. with the following documentation.

  1. The Personal Tax Credits Return and the Ontario Personal Tax Credits Returns (see link below). Please read the forms carefully and fill in all appropriate information. Make sure to sign and date the forms before returning them. Incorrect or incomplete forms will be returned for completion or correction.
  2. A Void cheque (on the account into which you would like your payment deposited). If you cannot provide a void cheque you will need to fill out a Pre-Authorization Payment or Deposit Form. This form is provided by your banking institute.
  3. A photocopy of your Social Insurance Card (SIN). If you do not yet have one, or have lost a previously issued card, you must make an application to any local Service Canada Centre, 1-800-206-7218 (detailed information and application form at www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/index.shtml). Proof of having applied for the card must be provided immediately followed by a photocopy of the card once it has been received. HR will also have to view the original card for verification purposes so please have your original card with you.

Important Note for VISA Students: In order to obtain a Social Insurance Card (SIN) you will need to provide the Service Canada Centre with a letter of employment. You can obtain this by sending a request to oise.gradfinasst@utoronto.ca. You are also required to provide a copy of your valid Student Authorization. If your SIN and VISA expires during the academic year your payments will stop until you have provided HR with a copy of your new documentation.

International students can find out more about work permits, getting a SIN number and other immigration documentation on the International Student Centre website at http://cie.utoronto.ca/Coming/Prepare-for-Arrival.htm


Copies of the tax credit forms can be printed from the links below.

Provincial Tax Credit Form

Federal Tax Credit Form


Accessing Pay Stub: