Jump to Main Content
Decrease font size Reset font size Increase font size
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto Home| OISE| U of T| Quercus| Site Map | Contact Us | Accessibility | Feeling Distressed?
INSPIRING EDUCATION | oise.utoronto.ca
Registrar's Office



The following offices at the University of Toronto offer assistance and support to international students: 

  • Centre for International Experience (CIE) - provides services, programs and resources to assist international students, including International Student Advising, Cross Cultural Counselling, and information about the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).


  • OISE's International Students' Association (ISA) - represents international students at OISE.  They hold monthly meetings for academic and cultural exchange, hold social and cultural events and activities, and serve international students' needs and interests.  The office is located in Room 8-107, telephone 416-978-2423, and email oiseisa@utoronto.ca.


  • OISE Student Success Centre (OSSC), part of the Office of the Registrar and Student Services - offers one-on-one support to students who are speakers of English as a first or additional language.    


Some additional information for international students:  


The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is compulsory for all international students and their dependents. To cover your dependents under UHIP, you must apply within 30 days of arrival in Canada.  For more information, visit the UHIP website at www.uhip.ca.  Visit the website of the Centre for International Experience at www.cie.utoronto.ca or contact the University's UHIP office at 33 St. George St. on the St. George campus; email uhip.information@utoronto.ca; telephone 416 978-0290.


Changes to immigration status may have fee implications.  Be sure to notify the OISE Registrar's' Office, Graduate Studies Unit of any changes to your immigration status as soon as they are in effect.   Retroactive changes to fee status are not permitted.

Deadlines to change immigration status or claim exemption from international student fees:

November 1 for the Fall Session;

February 1 for the Winter Session;

June 30 for the Summer Session.

For more information on international fee exemptions including eligibility and required documentation, please consult Student Accounts