Erminia Pedretti is a professor of Science Education and is the former Director of the Centre for Studies in Science, Mathematics and Technology Education located in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at OISE. Dr. Pedretti teaches courses for graduate students and pre-service teachers on environmental education as well as teaching and learning about science, technology, society and environment (STSE).
Erminia’s research interests are similarly related to scientific literacy, STSE education, environmental and outdoor education, action research, teacher professional development, and science education in formal and informal settings such as museums, science centres, and zoos.
- Bencze, L., Pouliot, C., Pedretti, E., Simonneaux, L., Simonneaux, J., & Zeidler, D. (2020). SAQ, SSI and STSE education: Defending and extending ‘science in context’. Cultural Studies of Science Education. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11422-019-09962-7
- Pedretti, E., & Navas Iannini, A. M. (2020). Controversy in science museums: Re-imagining exhibition spaces and practice. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Pedretti, E., Navas Iannini, A. M., Atkinson, D. J., & Ramcharan, V. (2019, September). Controversy in science museums: Reimagining exhibition spaces and practice. Preconference intensive session presentation at the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) Annual Conference, Toronto, ON.
- Pedretti, E., Atkinson, D. J. & Navas Iannini, A. M. (2019, June). Controversial science exhibitions: Deconstructing public engagement. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Canadian Society for Studies in Education (CSSE), Vancouver, BC.
- Atkinson, D., Pedretti, E., & Navas Iannini, A. M. (2018, April). Animal Inside Out: Controversies, objects and participants’ experiences at a science museum. Paper presentation at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA). New York, NY.