The Multilingualism & Literacy Lab at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, is looking to hire proficient Arabic speaking student research assistants to work on a research project seeking to evaluate the language, literacy and discourse skills of Syrian refugee children from 6-12 years old in both Arabic and English.
- Research assistants will code narrative stories in Arabic for cognates (standard vs spoken form) and content words (nouns, verbs, adjectives).
- Research assistants will enter data into Excel.
- Other tasks may be assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate student.
- Strong proficiency in standard Arabic and Syrian spoken Arabic (speaking, reading, writing) is a must.
- Experience with data entry and analysis is preferred but not required.
If you have the skills and experience required, we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume, cover letter, and an unofficial transcript.
Accepting applications on a rolling basis.