Measuring and monitoring quality in early childhood and care programs can help to inform research, policy development, and program practice. The following research papers discuss measures of quality and help us think about initiatives in the early learning sector to improve program quality, focus on relevant indicators of quality, and how to improve social and development outcomes for children.
- Early Childhood Education Programs in Quebec: How Can we Raise the Bar? (PDF)
- Monitoring Quality in Early Childhood Education and Care Programs (PDF)
- Tulsa to Toronto: Lessons Learned from Assessing Early Childhood Environments and Outcomes (PDF)
Deborah A. Phillips
- Managing Quality City of Toronto - Operating Criteria (PDF)
- Monitoring quality in early childhood education programs: A bunch of W’s and one H (PDF)