Overview of Financial Assistance
ICS Lab School is committed to needs-based financial support that will both enable increased diversity and retain current laboratory school families. Approximately $100,000 of financial support is awarded each year. There are five forms of tuition support options available through the Diana Rankin/ Muncaster Family Tuition Support Fund.
The Tuition Support Committee is working to actively expand economic diversity at JICS Lab School. This committee is made up of the Principal, Vice-Principal, two current parents, three alumni parents, and one external member (Vice-Principal at UTS).
Families New to JICS Laboratory School
Support for economic diversity provides financial assistance for students who could not otherwise consider enrolling at the Dr. Eric Jackman Institute of Child Study (JICS) Laboratory School. Application and assessment of financial need is made through an arms-length, confidential application to Apple Financial Services.
At this time, JICS Laboratory School is able to accept tuition support applications for Grades 4, 5, or 6.
Current JICS Laboratory School Families
Applying for Financial/Tuition Support (Apple Financial)
Application and assessment of financial need is made through an arms-length, confidential application to Apple Financial Services, and decisions are made by a sub-committee at the JICS Laboratory School (which does not include any current parents). Applications to Apple Financial Services are online.
Overview of Application Process
- Families create a parent account registration.
- After your e-mail address is verified, emailed instructions will be sent for account setup.
- Applicant completes the online application. Families who are re-applying must submit all relevant information again.
- At the end of the process, a request will appear for the uploading of tax information (i.e. T4’s, current year’s pay statements, etc.).
- Once the information is uploaded, payment for the application will be requested.
Timeline & Important Notes
- Applications are due to Apple Financial Services by November 10.
- Notification of financial assistance decisions will be made by letter from the JICS Laboratory School by March.
- If you have any questions regarding the financial information required in the application, please contact Apple Financial Services at 416-730-9900.
- Please note that if you applied to Apple Financial Services last year and received tuition support from the school, you will need to apply again every year to renew your request and your information.
Supporting Our Goal
Although currently available funds limit our ability to respond to every request, we are pleased each year approximately $100,000 is awarded in financial support.
Please consider supporting our goal to increase economic diversity at the Lab School by making a donation to the Diana Rankin/Muncaster Family Tuition Support Fund.
Cheques may be made payable to the “UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO.” In the memo line, please note “Tuition Support Fund”. Cheques may be mailed to:
Attn: Jun Cheng, Business Officer
Dr. Eric Jackman Institute of Child Study
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education University of Toronto
45 Walmer Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5R 2X2