Communities in Conflict
Our department, as well many within the U of T community, realizes that we live in a world where our communities may suffer from conflicts, natural disasters, and other problems that impact the wellbeing and general state of all of us. Therefore, there are several supports and services are available to the University of Toronto community in response to various conflicts.
- Health and Wellness Centre (St. George Campus)
- My SSP (support available 24/7/365 by phone or text in multiple languages)
- Centre for International Experience (St. George Campus)
- University of Toronto Grief Support (includes links to Health & Wellness and community resources)
- Chaplains from the Multi-Faith Centre from 11 different traditions (St. George)
- University of Toronto Mental Health Support
- Emergency Grants Program
Support from Other Organizations
- Grief and Loss Resources (TDSB)
A collection of grief resources for students, staff, and caregivers and coping guidance resources.
Recent News and Updates from the University
Please note that the referenced information below is periodically updated but may not include all the recent updates from the University of Toronto. We encourage you to check the main website, social media channels, and newsletters. Please also send additional resources that we could include to email@example.com.
Earthquakes in Türkiye and Syria
- U. of T. News: U of T offers tuition and mental health support to students affected by the war in Ukraine
- Statement from UofT President Meric Gertler on Ukraine
Students Needing Support
If you need support or just want to talk about these and related issues, please reach out to us.
Máiri McKenna Edwards
Coordinator, Diversity, Equity & Student Experience
Department of Curriculum Teaching & Learning
252 Bloor Street West
(On site Monday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Jeananne T. Robertson
Student Success Counsellor
Assistant Director Student Experience
Registrar's Office and Student Experience