Excerpt: "The Atkinson Centre’s response to the Province of Ontario’s discussion paper, Modernizing Child Care in Ontario, draws on extensive evidence documenting the elements that support quality and accessible service delivery. It is informed by consultations with members of the Atkinson Task Force, an alliance of early childhood program operators, professional organizations, parents and educators."
Excerpt: "Modernizing child care in Ontario is longer on questions than answers. Perhaps that’s wise for a sector that feels it is not sufficiently consulted. If viewed as a conversation starter, it provides an opportunity to build a consensus around much needed changes to early childhood service delivery. What follows is an initial response to the document..."
- Response from Peter Tabuns, Education Critic, Ontario NDP (PDF Download)
- A Response to the Ministry of Education - Modernizing Child Care in Ontario Discussion Paper (PDF Download)
- Modernizing Child Care in Ontario - City of Toronto Response to Provincial Discussion Paper (PDF Download)
- Modernizing Child Care in Ontario – Response from Child Development Institute (PDF Download)
- Modernizing Child Care in Ontario – September 2012: A response from Andrew Fleck Child Care Services specifically on capacity building and funding (PDF Download)
- Child Care Modernization Feedback - Approaches for Funding and Quality (PDF Download)
- CUPE 4400 Response to “Modernizing Child Care” - Need for Child Care Policy Framework (PDF Download)