See the Summer 2023 – Fall-Winter 2023-2024 Program Statement for general information about the mode of delivery of courses
Summer 2023 course schedules/timetables will be available and posted in Course Information & Schedules on Wednesday, March 15, 2023. Course selection/enrolment begins Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 6:00 AM (EST) via ACORN.
The 2023 Fall-2024 Winter schedule/timetable is posted on Wednesday, July 5, 2023. Course selection/enrolment begins Wednesday, July 12, 2023, at 6:00 AM (EST) via ACORN.
- Students are responsible for adhering to all enrolment deadlines, such as the ones for adding and dropping courses.
- Newly admitted students cannot start in the summer, they only begin their program in the Fall/Winter session.
- Courses in the Master of Teaching (MT) program are automatically added based on division, cohort and teaching subjects. MT Students do not select or enrol in any courses for year 1, and select only electives for year 2. The MT program provides schedules and details.
- OISE does not allow Auditing of Courses per 6.2.8 (Auditing a Graduate Course).
All Master's students
Avoid the shock of a large bill at graduation; learn about your minimum degree fee and what part-time status, Summer courses, program transfers and fast-tracking can mean.
Course Information & Schedules
- Before adding courses, review your program in the SGS Calendar to determine which courses are needed to meet your academic requirements.
- Some departments have program guidelines available to guide your progression.
- Master of Teaching program courses are automatically added based on division, cohort and teaching subjects. MT Students do not select or enrol in any courses for year 1, and select only electives in year 2. The MT program provides schedules and details.
Important Notice About Course Timetables:
Timetables containing information such as course instructors, locations, and mode of delivery will now require visitors to log in using uTORMFA, which is the University of Toronto's multi-factor authentication solution.
To access this information, you must log in with your uTORid and password. If you are enrolled or employed by OISE, or you are a member of the University of Toronto community: Activate Your UTORid
Enrolling in Courses
If you are a new student at U of T, you must enable your JOINid and have a valid UTORid and password to access ACORN. The T-card office has created an online process to facilitate activating your UTORid.
In an effort to enhance security, starting August 9, 2023, students who have already signed up for UTORMFA will be prompted to use multi-factor authentication when logging in to ACORN along with their UTORid.
New students who have not enrolled in UTORMFA within the 14-day period after setting up their UTORid, will be blocked from all U of T applications, including ACORN, until they complete their UTORMFA enrolment.
Alumni and new students who have not yet converted their JOINid to a UTORid may continue accessing ACORN using their JOINid without UTORMFA authentication.
Additional Enrolment Resources
Maximum Course Load
Maximum course load is dependent on Registration Status (Full-Time or Part-Time). Status change restrictions are found under the Continuous Registration and Status Change Restrictions tab on the Registration page. The Registrar's Office can only make changes to Registration Status upon Student Request, dependent on the restrictions, course add/drop deadlines and if allowed by individual programs. If you drop a course, your status will not automatically change to part-time(lower tuition).
Status changes can result in an increased Balance of Degree fees owing at the end of the program.
Note: Waitlisted courses are included in maximum course load.