Application Deadlines & Closing Dates
Applications for September 2024 Fall Session are now Open
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education. We look forward to receiving your application.
Listed below are programs available for application for the 2024 Fall Session and their closing dates. The deadline to complete and officially submit an online admissions application is 5:00 p.m. (EST) on the closing date.
Application Fee & Required Supporting Documents
Please submit the required supporting documents within ten days after an application is officially submitted. If not submitted within ten days, the application may be evaluated, and a final decision made, while the application is incomplete.
An application is officially submitted only after payment of both application fees (total 235.00 CAD) and you pay each separately:
- SGS Application Fee (125.00 CAD)
- Supplemental Application Fee (110.00 CAD)
- You can apply for one, two or three OISE programs within the same academic year under one total application fee at any time if the program is open for application.
The application deadlines for programs starting in September 2024 are:
- Funded programs (funded PhD and full-time MA): November 1, 2023, deadline has passed and all programs are closed.
- Master of Teaching, MA in Child Study and Education, and MEd in Counselling Psychology (Counselling & Psychotherapy and Guidance & Counselling Fields only): November 15, 2023, deadline extended for some programs (refer to the searchable table below for the most current closing date information for programs).
- All other programs (including MEd, EdD, flex-time PhD and part-time MA): Refer to the searchable table below for the most current closing date information for programs.
Important Note About Application Deadlines
Programs may decide to accept applications after a listed deadline has passed. If applications remain open, the searchable table below will show “Open” until there is a new closing date finalized.
While we use the same standards to evaluate applications regardless of the date you apply, the number of places available may become more limited as decisions are made. Programs may provide minimal advanced notice of closing for application, so we encourage you to apply as soon as you know what program you wish to be considered for and who you will designate as your referees.
- Visit our Graduate Funding webpage for more information about our funding packages for full-time PhD programs and non-professional MA programs.
- Be sure to research and apply to external sources of funding, as many external awards and fellowships have early application dates. You do not need to have been accepted already to apply for sources of funding.
- Review information about tuition, fees, and financing your graduate studies
- Non-funded programs are not included in the graduate funding package. Some financial assistance may be available through scholarships, awards, bursaries and government student loans.
The following searchable table summarizes the application status of all OISE programs for the upcoming academic year.