The heartening and overwhelmingly positive participation in and feedback that we received during and after the inaugural April 2022 conference encouraged us to plan for a book on Black/ African Feminisms (BAF). We thus invite you, if interested, to submit an abstract on any of the following topics, or similar, as long as it pertains to BAF. If you intend to submit a paper on the exact same presentation which you made for the conference, then you may resubmit the same abstract. Below are the details:
Deadline for Abstract Submission: Friday, December 2nd, 2022
Abstract Word Length: 200- 250 words
Formatting: APA only, no images, Word documents
Prose submissions welcome.
Please submit abstracts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Black feminism in light of racism,
- Black womxn gender & sexuality; mothering
- Black womxn in media/arts/ education,
- (Precarious) labour/workforce, human agency and politics of the black body,
- Black liberation and futures
- Theorizing Black/ African Feminisms/ Africana Womxnisms & identity,
- Black womxn & activism/ advocacy/ leadership,
- Black womxn's health/ healing/ grief/ spirituality,
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing email@example.com. The call for papers is open to all- not only conference participants- so let your friends and colleagues know! We will also be updating this page with additional information, so please be sure to check regularly.