Department of Applied Psychology & Human Development (APHD)
Welcome to the Department of Applied Psychology & Human Development
The Department of Applied Psychology & Human Development (APHD) is a research-intensive department with programs focused on basic and applied research relating to children, adolescents and adults. APHD boasts some of the finest, internationally-known scholars in their fields who teach in our five graduate programs; Child Study and Education (Teacher Education program); Counselling and Clinical Psychology; Counselling Psychology; Developmental Psychology and Education; and School and Clinical Child Psychology.
Applications are STILL OPEN for some programs, for a Fall 2024 start!
Programs that are now closed for applications:
Deadline: November 1, 2023
- funded programs (funded PhD and full-time MA)
- Clinical & Counselling Psychology Program (MA & PhD)
- Developmental Psychology & Education (MA & PhD)
- School & Clinical Child Psychology Program (MA & PhD)
Deadline: November 15, 2023
- Child Study and Education (MA)
- Counselling Psychology: Counselling and Psychotherapy field, Guidance and Counselling field (MEd)
Programs that are still open for applications:
Deadline: December 1, 2023
- Developmental Psychology & Education (MEd & Phd Flex only)
- Counselling Psychology: Global Mental Health field (MEd)
- Counselling Psychology: Counselling Psychotherapy field (EdD)
- Counselling Psychology: School Psychology field (EdD)
Earn a Masters of Education in Developmental Psychology & Education
Degree Programs Offered
With multiple programs to to choose from, students from diverse backgrounds and experience with interest in mental health and well-being can earn a Masters of Arts, Master of Education, Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Education. Students will expand their knowledge of human development and improve practice in key areas such as teaching, counselling psychology, and school and clinical child psychology.
Teaching Intensive Experiences
Unique to our department are teaching intensive experiences within the Dr. Eric Jackman Institute of Child Study Laboratory School and the OISE's Psychology Clinic that provide students with rich practical experiences to advance understanding and innovation.
Canada’s most integrated and dynamic institution committed to children’s education and well-being.
The OISE Psychology Clinic provides comprehensive and confidential assessment and intervention services to children and adolescents, and assessment and counselling services to adults.