Congratulations to the 2022-2023 OISE Teaching Excellence Awards Winners!
Teaching is a core mission of OISE, and it is vital for our community to recognize excellence in this central area of our work. Since 2004, OISE’s Teaching Excellence Awards recognize faculty and instructors who have made significant contributions to teaching and learning in our Institute; thus, I am delighted to announce this year’s recipients of OISE’s Teaching Excellence Awards:
David E. Hunt Award for Excellence in Graduate Education
- Chloe Hamza, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development
Award for Excellence in Initial Teacher Education
- Zachary Hawes, Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development
Award for Excellence in Educational Leadership
- Jennifer Wemigwans, Assistant Professor, Department of Leadership, Higher and Adult Education
Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching
- Leslie Stewart-Rose, Associate Professor, Teaching Stream, Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
Award for Excellence in Continuing & Professional Learning
- Heather Friesen, Facilitator, OISE Continuing and Professional Learning
Winners are chosen by a committee of faculty and students who have the very difficult task of selecting the very best from a strong roster of nominees, and I am very pleased to see their hard work recognized in this important way.
Special thanks to the 2022-2023 Teaching Awards Selection Committee: Michel Ferrari, Jim Hewitt, Ann Lopez, Jesse Sims, Kelly Zian Zhang, and Terezia Zoric, and to Normand Labrie, Interim Associate Dean, Programs, for chairing the selection process.
The awards ceremony to celebrate the winners will take place on Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 2:00 p.m., in the OISE Library.
Please join us in congratulating our colleagues.
Erica N. Walker
Professor and Dean
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
University of Toronto