For questions about graduation, please reach out to the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. To graduate, students are required to submit an Intent to Graduate Form:
- For Masters students finishing in Summer (for November convocation), submit from June 15 to July 15
- For Masters students finishing in Fall (for either March or June convocation), submit from September 15 to October 15
- For Masters students finishing in Winter (for June convocation), submit from February 15 to March 15
Once this is done, the ROSE team will then:
- Review for required courses, and that all completed courses have grades.
- Calculate your degree fee to see if you will owe a balance upon graduation.
- If you are currently enrolled in a Collaborative Specialization, the team will check for a letter of completion in your file.
- Email a letter to you with our assessment.
This can take some time to be completed, so please ensure you submit your Intent to Graduate form in a timely manner.
MA Students – Important Dates
Be aware of extra steps required before submitting an Intent to Graduate Form. Consult the Important Dates section of the ROSE website for more information on:
- Deadline for electronic submission of thesis
- Deadline for submission of the recommendation for master's degree form
A first step should be to get a thesis approved by a committee well in advance of the above deadlines (i.e. have your thesis read, edited, and approved by both of your readers).
Following this, please upload a thesis to TSpace in the correct formatting outlined on the platform (your supervisor can assist you with this), after which they should send a confirmation of upload to the registrar’s office.
All the aforementioned steps need to be completed by the deadline outilined on the Important Dates. You will also need to submit an application to graduate. Both the application to graduate and the recommendation for master's degree forms can be found on the ROSE website in the Student Forms section linked here.